Task 1, 16. August 2020
The task was not to be finished for most pilots. The key point, which was already known in advance, was even more difficult than expected. Shadows and weak thermals forced many pilots to land. Seven pilots made it to the Prättigau.
But six of them didn't leave until after the deadline. Only Staphan Morgenthaler (SUI) completed the task in the given time.
1 Stephan MORGENTHALER CHE 983
1 Seiko FUKUOKA NAVILLEFRA 665
2 Laurie GENOVESE FRA 648
3 Constance METTETAL FRA 618
4 Emanuelle ZUFFEREY CHE 611
5 Yael MARGELISCH CHE 610
In very good conditions a task was set over 81.5 kilometers.
It was a good task for the pilots, as it allowed them to get to know the
flying area and to get used to the conditions in the alpine region.
Important Info for pilots
Covid prevention measures
The health of all of us is a great concern.
1. Participate only without symptoms (see annex)
Before registering on site, you must do the following:
The main prize in the category Open.
The Vario by Jörg Ewald: So that flying remains easy and is fun.
PWC Disentis will take place
Date: Saturday, 15 to Saturday, 22 August, 2020
Paragliding World Cup in Disentis will be held.
Registration at PWCA.
Info for pilots participating in the European Championships in Serbia:
- Saturday, August 22: Last comp day and Prize Giving in Disentis
- Sunday and Monday: Traveling to Nis, Serbia,
- Monday, August 24: Registration and mandatory briefing in the evening (for pilots coming from Disentis only)
- Tuesday, August 25: First competition day